LICOR 43 Cupcakes
Licor 43 infuses both the sponge and the icing of these delicious cupcakes. Serve them up for a cosy night in with friends.
Recipe from the book ‘Lily’s Cupcakes: Pure Verwennerij’ by Cécile Wijdenes and Angelie Kaag.
LICOR 43 CUPCAKES
- 30 ml Licor 43 Original (1 oz)
- 100 ml milk (3 ½ oz)
- 50 g butter (1 ¾ oz)
- 150 g caster sugar
- 150 g flour
- 5 g baking powder
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 2tbsp Licor 43
- 1tbsp milk
- 120g soft butter
- 250g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the butter, caster sugar and the egg in a mixing bowl until smooth then sift in the flour and baking powder.
- Add a pinch of salt and give the entire mixture a gentle stir.
- Blend the milk and Licor 43 and pour the mixture slowly into batter, then beat until light and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases and bake for 15 minutes. Leave to cool before topping.
- For the topping, blend the softened butter with the icing sugar.
- Mix the milk and Licor 43 Original, and add this carefully to the bitter mixture.
- Stir thoroughly, then use a pastry bag to top the cakes with the icing.
- Decorate the cupcakes as required.
Why the number 43?
Licor 43 derives its delightful taste and golden lustre from an age-old recipe consisting of 43 natural ingredients.
A top secret recipe
The mix of secret ingredients is not enough to create Licor 43. Only the sum of top expertise, the Zamora family recipe and perfect timings and temperatures; can turn all ingredients into gold.
An unmistakable taste
Taste is the secret of its success. Licor 43 emits a bright golden glow that reflects its Mediterranean heritage. Although perfect when enjoyed pure with or without ice, its flavours are so harmonious that it simply invites other drinks to be mixed with it and is unmatched in its versatility.
An award winning liqueur
Over the years, our followers have proven that Licor 43 is a unique, inimitable liqueur, famed for its outstanding taste and delicious variety of serves. Seeing our impressive award collection, they aren’t the only ones to think so.