CREMA CATALANA 43
Tantalize your friends’ taste buds when adding some Licor 43 to this typical Spanish dessert.
CREMA CATALANA 43
- 100 ml Licor 43 Original (1⅓ oz)
- 300 ml whipping cream (10 oz)
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- Additional sugar for caramelising
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the vanilla pod, scrape out the insides and heat the cream over a low heat with the vanilla and vanilla pod.
- Beat the egg, egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until fluffy.
- Remove the vanilla pod and add the Licor 43 and egg mixture to the saucepan, whisking with the warm cream.
- Divide the mixture into six small bowls or ramekins, put these in a roasting pan or baking tin and add boiling water halfway up the outside of the containers.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Once finished, let the containers cool and then place in the fridge to chill.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the extra sugar and caramelize using a burner or grill until golden brown.
Why the number 43?
Licor 43 derives its delightful taste and golden lustre from an age-old recipe consisting of 43 natural ingredients.
A top secret recipe
The mix of secret ingredients is not enough to create Licor 43. Only the sum of top expertise, the Zamora family recipe and perfect timings and temperatures; can turn all ingredients into gold.
An unmistakable taste
Taste is the secret of its success. Licor 43 emits a bright golden glow that reflects its Mediterranean heritage. Although perfect when enjoyed pure with or without ice, its flavours are so harmonious that it simply invites other drinks to be mixed with it and is unmatched in its versatility.
An award winning liqueur
Over the years, our followers have proven that Licor 43 is a unique, inimitable liqueur, famed for its outstanding taste and delicious variety of serves. Seeing our impressive award collection, they aren’t the only ones to think so.