The most famous Italian dessert gets a wonderful upgrade that makes it even tastier. The perfect end to a perfect evening.
- 60 ml Licor 43 Original (2 oz)
- 1 pack long fingers
- 2/3 cups of espresso
- 4 egg yolks
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 500 g mascarpone
- Put two cups of strong espresso and pour it over in a deep plate.
- Beat the 4 egg yolks with the sugar and half of the Licor 43 Original into a nice frothy cream.
- Beat spoon for spoon the mascarpone. It doesn’t have to be completely smooth.
- Add the other half of the Licor 43 to the cooled coffee.
- Line the bottom of the dish with half of the lady-fingers, after they are baptised in the coffee mixture one by one.
- Cover the layer of lady-fingers with half of the mascarpone mixture.
- Repeat the procedure, so another layer in coffee-soaked fingers, followed by a mascarpone.
- At the end sift the cocoa powder over the mascarpone.
- Leave it in the refrigerator at least 4 hours before serving.
Why the number 43?
Licor 43 derives its delightful taste and golden lustre from an age-old recipe consisting of 43 natural ingredients.
A top secret recipe
The mix of secret ingredients is not enough to create Licor 43. Only the sum of top expertise, the Zamora family recipe and perfect timings and temperatures; can turn all ingredients into gold.
An unmistakable taste
Taste is the secret of its success. Licor 43 emits a bright golden glow that reflects its Mediterranean heritage. Although perfect when enjoyed pure with or without ice, its flavours are so harmonious that it simply invites other drinks to be mixed with it and is unmatched in its versatility.
An award winning liqueur
Over the years, our followers have proven that Licor 43 is a unique, inimitable liqueur, famed for its outstanding taste and delicious variety of serves. Seeing our impressive award collection, they aren’t the only ones to think so.