Chocolate 43 Brownies
Perfect for Easter or a spring brunch
CHOCOLATE 43 BROWNIES
- 120g dark chocolate, finely chopped, for melting
- 250g butter
- 4 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 6 eggs
- 120g white sugar
- 120g brown sugar
- 140g wheat flour
- 100g baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 40ml Licor 43 Chocolate
- 80g dark chocolate, finely chopped, for the batter
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line the baking tin (approx. 25 x 35 cm) with baking paper.
- Melt the finely chopped dark chocolate (120 g) together with the butter in a bain-marie. After cooling briefly, add the oil.
- In an extra bowl, beat the eggs with the white and brown sugar until very foamy. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and baking cocoa) and add to the fluffy egg mixture together with the chocolate and butter mixture. Add 40 ml Licor 43 Chocolate and mix well.
- Save a few chocolate chips for decoration; add the remaining chopped dark chocolate (80 g) to the batter and mix. Now pour the batter into the prepared baking tin. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Place the brownies in the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Don't worry if the batter seems too soft in the oven: The brownies will firm up a bit more after cooling.
A DELICIOUS COMBINATION
Inspired by the very best chocolate tradition in Spain,
Licor 43 Chocolate combines the well-known flavour of Licor 43 Original with chocolate from 100% sustainable sourced cocoa. A true temptation for the palate.
CHOCOLATE & SPAIN
After their discovery in México, cocoa beans were brought to Andalucia (Spain) during the XVI century.
Since then, chocolate started to rise in popularity, first within the country and later in Europe.
Light acidic tones and subtle floral cocoa tones comes together forming a perfect balance with the fruity, spicy and botanical nuances of Licor 43.
Enjoy it neat, on the rocks, or delight your palate by mixing it with coffee, giving a twist to the Carajillo 43.