Licor 43 Cupcakes
Licor 43 infuses both the sponge and the icing of these delicious cupcakes. Serve them up for a cosy night in with friends.
30ml Licor 43
150g caster sugar
5g baking powder
pinch of salt
2tbsp Licor 43
120g soft butter
250g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the butter, caster sugar and the egg in a mixing bowl until smooth then sift in the flour and baking powder.
- Add a pinch of salt and give the entire mixture a gentle stir.
- Blend the milk and Licor 43 and pour the mixture slowly into batter, then beat until light and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases and bake for 15 minutes. Leave to cool before topping.
- For the topping, blend the softened butter with the icing sugar.
- Mix the milk and Licor 43, and add this carefully to the bitter mixture.
- Stir thoroughly, then use a pastry bag to top the cakes with the icing.
- Decorate the cupcakes as required.
Recipe from the book ‘Lily’s Cupcakes: Pure Verwennerij’ by Cécile Wijdenes and Angelie Kaag.