This classic Italian recipe gets a wonderful upgrade that makes it even tastier. A spoonful of this exquisite dessert is the perfect end to a perfect evening.
60ml Licor 43
1 pack long fingers
2/3 cups of espresso
4 egg yolks
75g caster sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
500 g mascarpone
- Put two cups of strong espresso and pour it over in a deep plate.
- Beat the 4 egg yolks with the sugar and half of the Licor 43 into a nice frothy cream.
- Beat spoon for spoon the mascarpone. It doesn’t have to be completely smooth.
- Add the other half of the Licor 43 to the cooled coffee.
- Line the bottom of the dish with half of the lady-fingers, after they are baptised in the coffee mixture one by one.
- Cover the layer of lady-fingers with half of the mascarpone mixture.
- Repeat the procedure, so another layer in coffee-soaked fingers, followed by a mascarpone.
- At the end sift the cocoa powder over the mascarpone.
- Leave it in the refrigerator at least 4 hours before serving.