Crema Catalana is always an impressive dessert for dinner parties. Serve yours up with added Licor 43 and tantalise your friends’ taste buds.
100ml Licor 43
300ml whipping cream
75g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
3 egg yolks
additional sugar for caramelising
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the vanilla pod, scrape out the insides and heat the cream over a low heat with the vanilla and vanilla pod.
- Beat the egg, egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until fluffy.
- Remove the vanilla pod and add the Licor 43 and egg mixture to the saucepan, whisking with the warm cream.
- Divide the mixture into six small bowls or ramekins, put these in a roasting pan or baking tin and add boiling water halfway up the outside of the containers.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Once finished, let the containers cool and then place in the fridge to chill.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the extra sugar and caramelise using a burner or grill until golden brown.