Just when you thought that cheesecake could not get even better!
8 el Licor 43
200g Bastogne Biscuits
100g melted butter
12 sheets of gelatine
500g cottage cheese
200g caster sugar
250ml whipping cream
4 tbsp Orange Marmalade
- Soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Crunch the Bastogne biscuits finely in a food processor.
- Melt 100 g butter in a small pan and stir in the crumbs.
- Grease a cake tin, and cover the bottom covered with the cake mixture and press firmly. Put in the fridge to harden.
- Grate the orange peel.
- Press the Orange juice in a small pan and heat gently.
- Squeeze the gelatin, get the orange juice pan from the heat and dissolve the leaves, stirring in the warm orange juice.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Stir in a bowl the cream cheese, sugar, orange peel and mix, and the Licor 43 until well blended.
- Beat in another bowl the cream until stiff and stir it lightly into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture smoothly over the crumb bottom of the cake.
- Leave the cheesecake in the refrigerator about 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish the cheesecake with orange wedges.
- Let the Orange Marmalade gently warm up in a pan with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Let this mixture to cool slightly and then stir in 4 tablespoons Licor 43. Pour over the quarter and the orange wedges.
- Put the cake in the fridge to stiffen until the cake is ready, enjoy!